The mould is filled. I started by giving the back of the Alu top plate a brush coat of the Polyester resin. When this had completely dried I sanded the surface with some 120 grit paper to receive the next coat. I gave it a second brush coat of the resin and let this go off until tacky, I then poured in and tamped down the sand mix. For this I mixed 12 Litres of sand with about 2.4 Litres of resin/catalyst and gave it a thorough mixing. It makes a very dry mix but if you press your trowel in to it the grains bond and stick together. It took about 9 Litres to fill the mould, I patted it down and levelled it with a straight edge.