The components were dry fitted so I could work out the length of tube required. I did this by fitting a cartridge in the centre of the adjustment slots on the headshell and tried lining the stylus up with the arc on an alignment protractor. I just kept sanding a bit at a time off the tube on a belt sander, till the length was right to make the alignment. I then glued the tube into the bearing yolk. Once this had dried I levelled the table and placed a block of wood under the arm. I adjusted the VTA till the arm was perfectly level then glued the headshell in place making sure it was level in all directions and therefore parallel to the platter.