Having established that the Technics motor requires very accurate alignment of the parts I started with the spindle assembly. I took an old Technics bearing and cut off the bottom section. The bush bearing was knocked out of the top part with a drift. The bush measures O.D. 12mm and  I.D. 8mm so the 10mm ProJect spindle wouldn't fit. I just happened to have a couple of meters of Aluminium extrusion lying around that was O.D. 12mm and I.D. 10mm, perfect. I cut a small piece from this and pressed it fully into the housing in a vice, it was a tight fit. The ProJect spindle was a close sliding fit on the inside diameter, I couldn't have asked for a better combination. The Technics boss could now be centred exactly on the new spindle/base.